We are people who want to make a difference.
Everything we do starts with people. It’s what makes us different from all other car companies. If you share our belief in the power of people and our passion for human-centric innovation, you will thrive together with brilliant, like-minded colleagues who are committed to making a true difference?
We are looking for a UX Prototype Developer to be based in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The User Experience Centre, within Product and Quality, bring consumer emotions, behaviours and needs into Volvo Cars product creation. We are responsible for strategies and directions of UX, creating rapid prototypes for proof of concepts and conduct user research. We are organized in three groups with employees both in Gothenburg and in Copenhagen.
What’s in it for you?
You are a full stack developer with a strong interest in creating the best user experiences. You have a true passion to find creative and innovative solutions. Not only are you a driven developer you also have a good understanding of UI and UX design this to enable in-depth sparring with UI/UX designers in your team. Our developers, designers and engineers are world class in what they do, we want you to aim for the same level.
We are offering you an exciting position where you can play your part in shaping the future.
What you’ll do
As a UX Prototype Developer, you will have professional experience in different prototyping techniques.
Your prototypes will either be digital on-screen visual prototypes but can also be in car prototypes that connects to either new or existing physical components.
We work agile and you will be part of a team and your implementation of digital concepts and prototypes may span across different on-board domains such as Android Embedded, Driver Information, Infotainment, Connectivity and other car related functions e.g. for autonomous vehicles.
Who you are?
You will contribute your expertise into software design, and when to create an “adequate” implementation bearing the purpose of the prototype in mind. You have a university degree in Electrical and/or Software Engineering or similar relevant experience.
• 3+ years of relative work experience with software development
• Experience in working with prototype hardware such as Raspberry Pi and Arduino. Ability to write software for these environments that can handle and react to analogue and digital output from additional hardware.
• Experience with OS based on Unix (Linux, MacOS)
• Networking know-how; TCP, Sockets, MQTT
• Experience in backend services (databases, servers)
• Fluent in English (written and spoken).
• Driver’s License
• In depth knowledge of automotive signal handling, with emphasis on LIN and FlexRay.
• Good knowledge of automotive network topology and electrical architecture.
• Proficiency in working within the Vector toolchain; Vector boxes and CANoe.
• Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design
• Experience in containers (Docker)
• Application of / linking to / programming in Cloud services
• Experience in script programming (Python, Bash, etc.)
• Experience in C/C++, Matlab/Simulink, Java etc.
How to learn more and apply
For questions about the position please contact Manager UX Framework, Daniel Jungegård at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact senior recruiter, Maria Westermark at email@example.com.
We want your application at the latest February 28th 2019. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automotive industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.