In this role you will develop, test and maintain the systems that implement data architectures, such as integration systems and services, to keep data accessible and ready for analysis. In addition, you will act as a technical expert in regards to integration and connectivity for both internal and external database management systems.
• be responsible for designing, building, testing and maintaining data systems, making sure the data structures, ingestion and processing systems meet business requirements and user needs; also to ensure integration systems and services as well as cloud functionality
• be responsible for implementing methods to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality, to ensure automated services are reliable and secure
• act as a technical expert in regards to integration and connectivity methods, protocols, security, and practices for both internal and external database management systems
• work closely with data architects, - scientists and other stakeholders on future data handling technology options, including input on risks, costs, benefits and capabilities
• ensure that the data solution is in place to support the requirements of other disciplines performing data-related tasks and supports the requirements of the business stakeholders
• employ a variety of development languages and tools to ingest and merge data streams together and ensure first cleaning and optimization of raw data, to prepare usage by data scientists
• regularly review the effectiveness of existing data solution architectures and recommending improvements to data architects
• discover new opportunities for data acquisition for improved quality and timeliness
• be updating the common Group Digital site on standards and methods when necessary to ensure alignment across the Group Digital
• work closely together with other data engineers and cross functions to produce all required design specifications and ensure that data solutions work together and fulfil business needs
• support chapter lead in coaching and develop junior team members on functional expertise
• work across initiatives within INGKA Group, steering solutions towards the correct architecture
As a person you are passionate about the possibilities of data and its value for business and you get motivated to continuously develop your programming skills. We believe you get energized by working both independently and interdependently with the architecture network and cross functions, you also appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and turning architecture trends into practice. You have an agile approach and are open for change and most importantly you share and live the IKEA culture and values.
To be successful in the role you have proven advanced training in computer engineering, computer science or equivalent preferable in software engineering. We believe you bring a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a data engineer. In addition, you have experience from industry leading packaged solutions and delivery experience of open source and/or cloud-based solutions. You are also confident in digging into code and you have knowledge of how things are working
You have knowledge in the following areas:
• experience with DevOps and agile development practices, in which requirements and solutions evolve through the collaborative effort of self-organizing cross-functional teams
• experience in data engineering practices and patterns
• fast moving data technology landscape
• extensive knowledge of data set processes for data modelling, mining and production
We set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace.
At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.