In this role, you will directly work with hardware development and maintenance for our newest, state-of-the-art, onboard platform. Our products have the highest fail-safe requirements, reliability, and work under the harshest operational environments. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining new functionalities for the product, with the scope of becoming the main responsible for it.
Your main interactions include: our Engineering and Product Development teams in different international sites, Operations, sub-suppliers and, in the future, the end-customer. We believe you are a very good communicator, like to take initiative for your own work, and are interested in perfecting your hardware and software skills. The team offers you the chance to work with top-of-the-market technology, with highly-experienced colleagues, and the potential to grow into new roles.
Key Responsibilities and Challenges
- Board and sub-module hardware design
- Overall product hardware architecture
- Implementation of hardware
- Verification of hardware
- Work package leader
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Electronics/Telecom/Electrical Engineering)
- 3-5 years of experience with hardware systems, ideally involved in the software implementation part also
- Strong understanding of board design, including:
- Power design: SMPS, isolated converters, transformers
- Analog design: Analog filters, Signal Chain, ADC, DAC
- High Speed digital circuits: DDR2, DDR3, PCI-E
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC): design, tests, and troubleshooting
- Experience with at least one high end CAD/CAM system (Cadence, Altium, PADS)
- Pspice/LTspice simulation tool
- Programming VHDL is a plus but not mandatory
- Programming C is a plus but not mandatory
- DOORS is a plus but not mandatory
- Fluency in English
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Our location in Stockholm is the Global Head Office of Bombardier's rail control solutions division. The site has over 100 years' experience of signal technology, and supplies control and signal system solutions all over the world. Our high specialized team is engaged in product development of safety signaling.