HCL is the world's largest entrepreneurship and Infrastructure Services division at HCL has managed IT infrastructure operations for more than 250 customers over the past two decades. HCL is driving value to businesses in Sweden's highly competitive economy by delivering information and communications technologies that are helping them build efficiencies, reach newer markets, and gain a competitive edge. HCL has established offices in the cities of Stockholm, Gothenburg, and Helsingborg to cater to its Swedish customers' business needs. As part of HCL's commitment to the Nordic region, the company has had a legal entity and a collective labor agreement in Sweden since 2012.
HCL's Nordic journey began in 1999 with a regional headquarters in Stockholm. Today we have 6 local offices and 3 Delivery Centers with over 2500 consultants doing transformational work for over 30 Nordic customers.
We have a role for Application Operation Professional -AOM in Gothenburg Sweden, please find below the details:
Application Operation Services includes operational services to keep an existing application up and running. It also contains support given to the Application Development and Application Maintenance Teams, starting with advice on choice of infrastructure technology in the early stages of development, all the way through to the deployment of the application in the production environment. Application Operation (AO) is the functional interface between the Application Delivery (AD) and Infrastructure & Operation (I&O) units. It involves connecting many specialist teams like UNIX/Linux, Windows, Database, LAN/WAN etc. to build a good infrastructural solution and solid foundation for the applications.
We work in a true global environment with servers on several sites all over the world and have virtual team members located in France, North America, India and Japan. The core team is located in Gothenburg, Sweden. Users are located on some 30 sites and the number of client PC installations is 7000+.
We need an additional resource in the Application Operation Team handling the infrastructure and runtime operation for the PLM/PDM portfolios.
Application Support, Application Operations, Application Change Management, Application Incident Management, Application Monitoring, Application Problem Management, Application Production Support Operations, Application Release/Deployments, Batch Monitoring & Scheduling
- Application installation/configuration
- Testing (infrastructure)/error determination
- Coordination of Infrastructure & Operations related activities
- Participation in deployment projects
- Developer support
- Participating in projects as Application Operation representative
- Change, Problem and Incident Management
- Scripting for automation and support
- Solve and follow up on 3rd level cases
Qualifications and skills:
- Good understanding of hardware infrastructure and networking
- Experienced working in a team as well as independently
- Experience as a solution architect is considered an additional qualification
- Preferably experience of other IT disciplines (storage, backup, Windows, Oracle)
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good documentation skills
- Problem solving and solution oriented
- Team player
- Should have a great customer handling skills
- Able to handle unforeseen situations
- Good understanding of ITIL V3 framework
- Can drive HCL's value and its methodology
- Worked on Production systems
- Good understanding of Data Centre Technologies
5+ Years with proven continuity in employment
Bachelors / Masters / Equivalent
- Linux/ Unix server
- Java Application Support
- Windows Server
- Apache, scripting, programing
Language other than English:
As a person, you are structured and organized, communicative and you are a team player. You have a positive attitude and high working moral.
Do you find this role interesting and suitable? Kindly apply sharing your resume with Kailashkenjale@email@example.com
For any information regarding the role please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Union representatives for Gothenburg:
Emil Bergvall - email@example.com