Rocker is building a mobile-only banking experience, and changing the way we think about and interact with our money. Our customer base is growing rapidly with the launch of two new products, a Visa Debit Card and Rocker Pay, and will continue to grow as we add a savings account and start scaling internationally this year!
Our team has a new position open for an experienced Data Engineer who truly understands how to securely and effectively manage data and build visualization tools. You will leverage your knowledge and work collaboratively with teams across the organization to help us understand user insights and ensure we are building world-class products our customers will love.
You think strategically with a can-do attitude and are passionate about supporting decisions with numbers and logic. You will have responsibility for helping to lead our Data Team as we continue building products and features in the Rocker app and scale the company in Sweden and beyond!
What you'll do:
- Design and build the data pipeline, streams and visualization architecture, helping our business teams make the right decisions
- Work closely with a highly dedicated, undoubtedly talented, multi national, diverse, food loving, ping-pong playing team of developers, product managers and designers to make sure data is at the heart of all our services
- Manage a set of constantly changing priorities in a high paced, sometimes borderline chaotic, environment
What you'll need:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion to build things from scratch
- Strong analytics skills to make sense of large data sets with both structured and unstructured data
- If you have experience of functional programming you get a gold star
- Knowledge of Kafka and big data tools, e.g. Hadoop or Spark
- You get that warm, fuzzy feeling when you think about Kubernetes and Docker
- If you have code you can share in Bitbucket or on GitHub, we get that warm fuzzy feeling too