Airmee is a well-capitalized start-up that is looking for an extremely talented data scientist to work on some of the most complex problems in the world and help revolutionize logistics. You must have experience figuring out meaning hidden inside various data sets and telling a simple story about it.
Airmee is Sweden's fastest growing logistics startups focusing on fast and convenient deliveries for retailers and other businesses, backed by some of Sweden’s biggest investors and entrepreneurs. Our technology that optimizes our logistics fleet in real-time is based on our research at KTH allows us to do this more cost-efficiently and environmentally sustainable than anyone else.
What're we looking for?
We're looking for a Data Scientist who will expand the current analytics platform and contribute to our solutions for the most interesting problems in the world of logistics. This role will focus mostly on driving analytics and developing algorithms that provide insights into supply and demand prediction, price modeling and performance analysis. You will leverage your deep expertise in analytics - from theory-driven classic statistics to data-driven supervised and unsupervised ML models - to identify historical performance of drivers and retailers and develop advanced statistical growth forecasting models.
The analytics platform is built in-house and we expect you to be comfortable both interacting with systems via APIs as well as have previous experience writing SQL, ideally for analytics purposes.
For prototyping, you are expected to have a preferred language (e.g., R, Python) or framework (e.g., Weka) where you can work in an agile manner to deliver on minimum viable implementations of models or products.
You are used to communicating with development teams and make clear what are the main features that you have prototype and work together for bringing your solution ready for production. We put a great focus on good documentation and code readability, so we expect you to write clean code and properly document it.
You are comfortable working with staging and production environments.
You have considerable experience working with time series, trajectory and GIS datasets. You should present previous projects that showcase your skills as a data scientist.
You have an enviable work ethic.
Skills & Requirements
We believe that you have:
- previous experience as a data analyst / data scientist working as part of teams that have delivered production ready analytics products
- knowledge of a variety of quantitative modeling techniques, e.g., logistic regression, decision trees, SVMs, neural networks, graph theory
- solid visualization skills
- previous experience working with time series, trajectories and GIS datasets
- competence in writing code in statistical programming languages or frameworks (e.g., R, Weka, etc.)
- comfortable working with agile methods
It will be amazing if you also,
- you can showcase some of the analytics projects or products you have contributed to
- have knowledge of machine learning techniques
- have used relational databases, and worked with spatial, temporal or spatio-temporal data in a database context
Why join us?
You will be working with talented, motivated, intense, and interesting co-workers. Being part of a startup in its growth phase you will have the opportunity to influence the culture and build a team around you. You will also have a lot of freedom in how to execute tasks.
It’s easier to invent the future than to predict it.” - Alan Kay