Ericsson Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) is a unit that has been set up to accelerate our AI and Machine Learning capability. This central unit is chartered with the responsibility of building a high-end competence center that brings together a team of high-end Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Software Engineers and Machine Learning Architects towards the goal of enhancing Ericsson’s products and services portfolio with AI capabilities.
As part of the GAIA Platform unit we are looking for Infrastructure Engineering talent. The Infrastructure Engineering team will provide infrastructure capacity for all AI/ML project and system needs within GAIA and work together with the Production Engineering and Platform Engineering teams. The main approach is to integrate/extend existing private and public cloud infrastructures, rather than building new from scratch. The GAIA solutions are deployed across heterogeneous environments, so multi-cloud, hybrid-cloud, and WAN networking are key technology areas. In this role, you are expected to be a very hands-on leader, functioning as an individual contributor, as well as leading others.
• Work with GAIA projects and development teams to provide relevant cloud infrastructure resources, using both internal and external (AWS/Azure/GCP) capacity.
• Develop, document, and communicate an infrastructure strategy, including choices between internal and external cloud resources, on-prem solutions (Outpost/Azure-stack/Anthos) and WAN Networking solutions.
• Being responsible for overall availability, reliability, problem resolution, root-cause analysis, service provider handling, in selected cases organize 24/7 on-call support
• Evaluate and plan capacity of CPU, GPU, memory, storage, and networking resources to balance cost versus desired productivity and performance
• Develop essential automation scripts and tooling to help quality assurance, maintenance, migration, and cost-control of infrastructure deployments.
• 7+ years of experience with infrastructure, platforms, networking, and software systems
• 3+ years of experience with leading teams of engineers and system administrators, strong communication skills, documented delivery-oriented approach
• Experience with usage/integration of public cloud services, for example, identity and access management, key management, storage systems, CPU/GPU, private/virtual networking, and Kubernetes services.
• Experience with large scale systems, for example reliability/HA, deployment, operations, testing, and troubleshooting
• Experience with modern distributed systems and tooling, for example, Prometheus, Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, Vault, CI/CD systems.
• Experience with WAN networking solutions, redundancy/fail-over, QoS, and VPN technologies.
• Experience with Infrastructure-as-code and SRE ways-of-working
• Familiarity with data analytics and AI/ML systems, for example, Spark, Jupyter, Tensorflow,
• Strong system administration skills, Linux and Windows
• Awareness of ITIL/ITSM methodologies for operations and service delivery
Please note that due to GDPR we cannot accept applications sent to us via e-mail. Feel free to send your application in English saying a word about your motivations and outlining how you meet the requirements of the position.
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. Often, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.