Recent growth in the research activities and the well-established educational programs of the School of Information Technology (ITE) is enabling a significant expansion.
In 2018 the total research expenditures exceeded 70 MSEK and the school hosted over 850 students. Over the next two years, the School will grow significantly.
This position requires a combination of many different skills related to software development and programming, but goes well beyond the typical scope of such jobs. Therefore, we need a person who is creative, open to new challenges, and passionate about delivering high quality results.
- Contribute with software development in several different industry collaboration projects, ranging from automotive to healthcare applications
- Develop solutions based on machine learning, particularly deep learning
- Support the project team(s) in the various related projects, ranging from software documentation to validation and testing of methods.
- M.S. degree or equivalent in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering.
- Work experience from (excellent skills in) coding, software design and arcitecture.
- Experience from a range of software development technologies
The person applying for this position also needs to:
- Strong knowledge of machine learning is required (especially meriting is skills and knowledge in deep learning) with methods such as CNN, RNN, LSTM and Autoencoders.
- Programming skills in Python is required, skills in other programming languages and software development experience is a plus.
- Be able to work closely with researchers and other stakeholders to develop solutions that fulfill their needs.
- Be creative to propose new approaches, formulate specifications, prototype and test them quickly, and discard the ones that do not work.
- Have very good organisational, time and project management skills and accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills and enjoy and master teamwork.
Pedagogical meriting is a plus.
Salary is to be determined by negotiation. The application should include a statement of the salary level required by the candidate.
Applications should be done via Halmstad University's recruitment system Varbi (see link on this page). The application shall consist of:
1) a personal letter stating why you believe that your goals and experiences are well-matched with the goals of this position
We value the qualities that gender balance and diversity bring to our organisation. We therefore welcome applicants with different backgrounds, gender, functionality and, not least, life experience.
The working language is English and no knowledge of Swedish is required to start working at the University. Also for daily life, English is spoken widely and Sweden has the highest English Proficiency index in the world. Of course, it’s advisable that the employee learn Swedish.
Halmstad is a popular summer destination located on the Swedish west coast. It is situated halfway between two cosmopolitan areas: the Copenhagen-Malmö-Lund area and the Gothenburg area, making it a well-connected, yet a pleasantly calm place to live. Halmstad can be reached by a direct train connection from the Copenhagen Kastrup Airport, as well as other local airports (e.g., Gothenburg Landvetter Airport, Halmstad, and Helsingborg/Ängelholm airports).