Volvo Cars (Swedish: Volvo personvagnar), stylized as VOLVO, is a Swedish luxury vehicles company. It is headquartered on Torslanda in Gothenburg and is a subsidiary of the Chinese automotive company Geely. The company manufactures and markets sport utility vehicles, station wagons, sedans and compact executive sedans. The Volvo Group was founded in 1927 as a subsidiary of the ball bearing manufacturer SKF. When AB Volvo was introduced on the Stockholm stock exchange in 1935, SKF sold most of the shares in the company.
System Design Engineer RVDC - Remote Vehicle Data Collection
What we offer
You will become a member of an agile development team that are responsible for design, implementation and test of RVDC. This stands for “Remote Vehicle Data Collection” and is a tool to collect diagnostics data from the cars remotely and then save the data in the cloud for further analysis.
As a part of our team, you get access to long-term development opportunities in a dynamic and continuously growing field, where you have a strong direct influence on customer satisfaction.
The RVDC team is part of the agile release train Enabling Base Technology, which forms the fundament for all electronic control units in the entire electrical system. In our daily work, we are working according to the SAFe framework with 12 weeks program increment.
What you’ll do
You get inspired by our mission to give our customers a better car experience every day. You will use your deep knowledge to create and enhance the RVDC technologies in the vehicle and surrounding systems.
You will also:
• Learn and understand the business use-case and functional requirements.
• Develop software system solution/model according to functional requirements.
• Contribute to developing strategies and target levels regarding the function
• Contribute to plan and follow up the integration of the function realization in close cooperation with all concerned during the projects
• Develop reliable solutions/verification methods regarding the function.
• Contribute in the teams test activities and update of test methods, tools and processes
• Support fault tracing and/or troubleshooting activities
You and your skills
We believe that you have M.Sc or B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
You have +5 years of experience as software design/architecture. You are fluent in English, both in written and oral form.
• Experience from system engineering
• Experience Software development (C/C++)
• Data analytics knowledge such as SQL, Pandas, Python etc
• Valid European driver’s license B
On a personal level
You have passion as software engineer to expand your technical insights and to build and maintain a network that includes people from all areas in the company.
You are curious, business oriented and want to contribute to develop our base technologies.
You have customer focus and are committed to high delivery quality.
You are flexible and a team player, have excellent communication and documentation skills and a positive attitude.
How to learn more and apply
For questions about the position, drop an email or call recruiting team manager Stefan Andreasson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 723 716344.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact senior recruiter Maria Westermark, email@example.com,
We want your application at the latest 23/08-2019.
Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.