Do you want to revolutionize the Exchange and Banking industry by taking part in developing the next generation streaming data pipelining platform for high velocity financial data enabling Machine Intelligence and cutting edge analytics?
As a Big Data Software Developer at Nasdaq, you will work with highly motivated and skilled colleagues in an international and dynamic environment. This position is a fantastic opportunity to develop your technical and interpersonal skills, while gaining an extensive knowledge of the exchange industry. Our Data Access Framework team is a development team consisting of developers working together to form the core functional and non-functional part of our Data Access Framework, to ensure the successful delivery of projects, enhancements and support to our customers. You will be integrally involved in meeting our challenge to develop robust high quality software, with ever increasing performance requirements. Simultaneously you will contribute to improve agility and time to market in a changing business and regulatory environment.
* Participate in the development of strategic goals for leveraging our Data Access Framework
* Employ best practices to ensure high availability and performance
* Review system requirements and design solutions
* Develop program logic in Java for new applications or analyses and modifies logic in existing applications,
* Develop, test, debug in a Java/Linux environment
* Provide technical support in a defined project
* Modify existing internal software products to add new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability
Education and Professional Accomplishments
* Bachelor's Degree qualified in a discipline related to Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
* Several years of experience within software development
Skills and Requirements
* Excellent and proven Java software development skills
* Excellent and proven SQL development skills
* Good database management knowledge (preferably PostgreSQL and Oracle)
* Experience from the Hadoop Ecosystem in particular HDFS, Spark, Presto, Parquet file format
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
* Prior experience in clearing trading and/or clearing system development within the financial sector is a merit
To suit this position you are a team-player but enjoy working individually as well and you always thrive to produce high quality work within deadlines. In addition, you are used to assume responsibility and to work in a flexible way. This position will include travel opportunities.
This is a full time position located in Stockholm, Sweden. Desired start date is as soon as possible. As the process is ongoing, please submit your application in English as soon as possible.
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.