The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) supports the European Sales Managers and local sales representatives from pre-sales activities through design-in to post-sales technical support. This position encompasses the areas of technical support, lead follow-up, product/solutions training and seminars to sales representatives and customers, representing the company at trade shows. The candidate must have strong presentation skills, excellent technical knowledge, proactive initiative, and the ability to form relationships with the customer base. In return, the FAE reports industry trends and market needs back to the factory. The product lines supported by the FAE extend to Cobham Gaisler and other Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions entities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recommend products, integration methods and general application guidelines based on customer requirements.
• Set strategies to combine technology that will result in aiding RSMs to close sales.
• Responsible for technical training and product demonstrations targeted at customers and sales representatives.
• Provide technical responses to request for proposal to show how Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions products can meet customer requirements.
• Develop training material and application notes for Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions products.
• Conduct application demonstrations for seminars, trade shows and key customers.
• Provide feedback to product management for new product development.
• Communicate field failures to design and development teams and assist in resolving issues.
• Create proposed specifications for new parts when no existing part meets customers’ needs.
• Provide input to support marketing development of data sheet, press releases and selector guides.
• Travel within the EU to customer sites and trade shows - frequent. Travel to the US - occasional.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. Experience with microelectronics - space, aviation, radiation preferred.
• Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to handle both pre-sales and post-sales activities.
• Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to read and understand schematics.
• Experience with programming and debugging embedded systems
• Experience with lab equipment such as multimeter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer.
• Understanding of the semiconductor development and production process.
• Experience with various ASIC and FPGA software tools is preferred.
Cobham Gaisler, a subsidiary of Cobham plc, is based in central Gothenburg, Sweden, and has since the start in 2001 grown to include 30 employees. The company is a world leader in processors for aerospace applications, and the main products are the LEON line of processors and the GRLIB IP-library used for
System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions. In addition, support services, development tools and software targeting the LEON processors are developed and provided by Cobham Gaisler.
Within Cobham plc, Cobham Gaisler is part of the Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions, headquartered in Arlingto, USA. Products and services include high-reliability integrated circuits, electronic manufacturing services and circuit card assembly, radiation test services, as well as ASIC design services. While components are predominantly targeted at space applications, services also extend to the medical, industrial and commercial domains.