Researcher in Cloud Systems and Platforms
Ericsson Research is expanding the group working on system software for emerging edge computing platforms. This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your groundbreaking ideas, energy, enthusiasm, and skill to revolutionize distributed Cloud computing together with a diverse team of inspiring researchers. Typically, our work is performed in projects that may incorporate internal and external research collaborations across international borders. In your role, you will have the opportunity to work on novel concepts, solutions, and algorithms in the context of next generation Cloud platforms. This work will allow you to obtain a holistic understanding of Cloud systems, ranging from enablers of disruptive hardware, via distributed operating system mechanisms, to cutting-edge service delivery technologies. You have the responsibility to develop and present your results in prototypes and concept demonstrations, where we put increasing emphasis on the quality and re-usability of the developed software components. Another important part of your work will be dissemination and publications of research results, where you will have the challenging task to simplify the complex and clearly communicate advanced concepts. Finally, as part of your work you will have the chance to protect your innovative solutions with IPR.
• PhD degree (or Master’s degree with relevant experience in academia or industry) in Computer Science, Computer engineering, or related technical fields
• Software development experience in one or more common programming languages
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability and eagerness to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
• Good communication skills in written and spoken English
• Creativity and ability to work independently
• Strong background or hands-on experiences in at least one of the following three fields:
- Cloud and platform technologies and/or datacenter infrastructure
- Distributed computing and systems, and/or operating systems
- Telecommunication systems and standards (3GPP, ETSI NFV, etc.).
• Experience in developing patents and other IPR
• Experience in contributing to research communities, including conference papers and other research publications
• Experience in contributing to Open Source or leading Open Source projects
• An established personal network within academia and/or industry
• Project or team leadership experience
• Relevant work experience – including technology startup, full time industry experience, or as researcher in a lab
Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network.