Site Reliability Engineer
We’re looking for experienced engineers to help us further evolve our infrastructure to support a rapid growth of users and global expansion. The objective for the infrastructure team is to ensure scalability, performance and high availability of our services and to help other teams to increase their productivity.
- Architect and design our global distribution system
- Design and develop infrastructure components and libraries
- Constantly improve our delivery pipeline to decrease development cycle time and to reduce risk of failures
- Evolve our monitoring systems
- Perform load testing
- Infrastructure automation
- Collaborate with and help people inside and outside of the team
- 2+ years experience working on cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Good understanding of systems design, data structures and algorithms
- Interest in working with distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with network programming, especially on *nix platforms
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Experience with load balancers, proxies and caches, such as HAProxy, Nginx
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Interest in test automation, including load testing
Technologies We Use
Our technology stack is almost entirely based on Open Source. As our business needs change and as we discover new and better ways of working, our technology changes rapidly. We encourage experimentation and are very open to new technologies and practices. The technologies we currently use include:
- AWS, e.g. EC2, S3, SQS, CloudFormation
- Consul and Vault
- Python, Scala, Go, Elixir
- Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, Memcached
- HAProxy and Nginx
Who We Are:
At Magine, we’re dedicated to connecting fantastic TV to audiences in any corner of the globe (yeah, yeah, we know it is round). We deliver some of the world’s top TV brands directly to consumers, and partner with creators and distributors to enable them through every aspect of setting up their own OTT service. We’re passionate about great content and our mission is to protect generations of creativity to come through high quality, safe and legal distribution.
We believe in working hard and loving what you do, and we’re all about an inclusive environment where egos are left at the door. Though we maintain the culture of a startup we’re setting our sights high, so the sky’s the limit for opportunities to grow with us.
We are a diverse group of around 120 people sittingWorldwide. Everyone is equal and all ideas and opinions count. Flexibility in working and mind are important to be a part of a team in which change is, and will, happen constantly. We speak English and fika in Swedish.
Sound exciting? We think so and we are looking for more talented people to join our team.