Nasdaq Clearing is now looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join the risk management team at the Nasdaq Stockholm office. Nasdaq Clearing is a multi-asset derivatives clearinghouse covering commodity, equity and fixed income products. The major risks involved in the clearing business are counter party risk, market risk, liquidity risk and operational risk.
The Lead Software Engineer will be placed within the Nasdaq Clearing Risk Modelling team consisting of seven team members. The team is responsible for the development and validation of the financial risk framework and models used by the clearinghouse. The Lead Software Engineer will be the main contributor to the risk management team's end user developed application framework. He or she will plan and lead the production of applications and act as a mentor and guide within the Risk Modelling team in regard to software development.
The Risk Management department aims for intra-team knowledge-sharing across markets and tasks, and the Lead Software Engineer will have the possibility to reach in-depth knowledge of all the inherent risks of Nasdaq Clearing. The Lead Software Engineer will, from time to time, work closely with specialists from various teams within Nasdaq Clearing such as Risk Operations, Credit Risk, Business Development, Operations and Technology. He or she will have the opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of the derivatives clearing business.
* Development of .NET client-server applications, including related databases, used by the risk management team.
* Taking ownership for an agile process for the software development projects in the risk management group.
* Acting as a mentor and guide within the Risk Modelling team regarding software development.
Education, Professional accomplishments, and Certifications:
* Master's degree program in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline with a focus on software development.
* Several of years' experience from similar roles.
* Proficient in one or more object-oriented programming languages and working with relational databases.
* Experience from working with agile methodologies like test driven development and Scrum.
* A solid interest in financial markets
* Excellent language skills in written and spoken English
* Analytical and self-motivated
* Experience working with .NET Entity Framework and C#
* Experience working with SQL Server databases
* Experience using Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
As the selection and interview process is ongoing, please submit your application as soon as possible. If you have any questions please contact We look forward to hearing from you!
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.