Software & Tool Developer
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
The team provides the best possible infrastructure and tools for operations part of the organization.
Roles in the team consists of Software Developer, Solution Architect and Team Leader.
The Software Developer’s role in the development team is to provide rapid demand driven development. He/she will actively participate in the technical demand discussion lead by the Solution Architect. The solution is derived through working together as a team.
The team work’s in a highly collaborative environment with fast changing demands where agility and being able to change scope quickly is key.
The role also includes identifying improvements, developing improvements and maintaining Systems/Applications.
Support is also a task performed by the software developer towards the user group.
We are now looking for a Developer to maintain products (units, nodes, networks, systems and solutions). Your role will include all development activities such as:
requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, hardware design, software design, integration, verification, simulations, tools design, Product Lifecycle
Management support and product documentation. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
• Rapid demand driven development
• Perform modular implementation design
• Active contributing in technical discussions
• Give Support to and help colleagues
• Communicate and educate users of the systems/applications developed
• Contribute to improvements
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor or Masters degree level in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Previous experience in software development.
• Genuine interest in software design.
• Advanced knowledge in relational database preferable MySQL.
• Knowledge of programing languages such as Java, PHP, C#, Angular with good knowledge in at least one of them.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• Familiar with CI/CD concept and Jenkins.
• Work according to TDD (Test Driven Development).
• Knowledge of Linux.
• Good knowledge of HTTP protocol including RESTful API.
• Knowledge of SVN/GIT.
• IDE’s such as IntelliJ, Eclipse, NetBeans, Visual Studio.
• Curious, willing to learn new languages, methods and tools.
• Creative, ability to think from multiple angles.
• Systematic approach in work and deliver with high precision.
• Team player.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.